Hello & A Thank You Card

Saturday 9 November 2013



Once upon a time, or roughly 2 years ago, i used to make cards all the time, and then all of a sudden I stopped.  I am not quite sure why, but i think mainly, it was to take a break and go in search of bigger and better things.  This resulted in me designing my own stationery to sell using various graphic design programs.  I actually did quite well with my little stationery range but the whole time i was doing it couldn't shake the feeling that there was something missing, I couldn't work out what though. Then it suddenly dawned on me that it was the whole creative process that comes with making a true handmade card that I missed...the cutting,the sticking, the stamping and the swearing loudly when it all when wrong at the last minute!  So I shut up shop and came running back to card making at a million miles an hour and it feels so good to be back, a bit like coming home! 
I felt in desperate need of inspiration for my first card after so long and somebody suggested taking part in the challenge over at Handmade Harbour which turned out to be just what i was looking for! This weeks challenge was 'Thank you or Thanksgiving'

Wendy designs the cutest digital stamps and I had great fun looking around and eventually found this little fellow hiding in the Easter section.  He reminds me of a vintage toy.  I added a few hearts, some bakers twine and kept the colouring to a minimum so not to distract from the vintage look. 


 I think he makes the cutest thank you card, what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger